|Title:||APL After Dark: Slumber Party|
|Address:||Austin Central Library, Austin Public Library, 710 West Cesar Chavez Street|
|Hours:||7 PM - 9 PM|
|Cost/Cover:||Please see website for details.|
|Details:||Escape into a totally awesome slumber-party time-warp on the 6th floor of the Austin Central Library! APL After Dark is an adults-only, themed Friday night where you get to party in your favorite library after closing time!|
This time, we're celebrating the slumber parties of childhood with retro board games, classic Nintendo, cootie catchers, MASH, adult beverages, snacks, and BYOVinyl. You'll also hear a short slumber-party comedy set by local comic Amber Bixby starting at 7:45pm, followed by two local storytellers sharing nutty, memorable, raucous slumber party stories. (If you'd like to submit, the deadline is Monday, December 17, at 5:00pm. Submisison guidelines below.) Slumber party attire not required! Tickets can also be purchased at the door.
This event is sponsored by The Library Foundation.
- This event is for adults only (21+). We'll have light slumber-party snacks and a cash bar, with drink tickets for the first 100 people through the door.
- Consult the library FAQ "How do I park at the Central Library?" for parking garage rates and nearby alternatives to the Central Library garage.
- The library is not responsible for a lost, stolen, or misplaced personal items, whether the item was attended or unattended by the owner.
- The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations will be provided on request. You can request accommodations by replying to the email that includes your ticket.
- We encourage you to share pictures, posts, tweets, grams, hearts, likes, and reactions on social media. Please do so using #AustinPublicLibrary and #APLafterdark.
TO SUBMIT A SLUMBER-PARTY STORY FOR CONSIDERATION, FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
- Stories must be about *childhood* slumber parties.
- Submissions must be 1,000 words or less.
- Email submissions to email@example.com.
- Include your full name and phone number.
- Submissions due Monday, December 17, by 5pm.
- Winners will be announced January 7.
|Event is:||One Day Only|
|Audience:||21 and Up|