|Title:||NCM High Performance Drivers Introduction|
|Date:||1/21/2023 - 9/15/2023|
|Address:||NCM Motorsports Park, 505 Kimberlee A. Fast Drive|
|Location:||Bowling Green, KY|
|Hours:||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Details:||High Performance Drivers Introduction - HPDI|
The High Performance Drivers Introduction is a "101" on track program introducing new drivers to the hobby of recreational performance driving. Here's what its about:
* Introducing new drivers to the recreational performance driving.
* Introducing the concepts and nomenclature to help drivers be safe and successful on the racetrack.
* Breaking down the barriers of entry to the sport by keeping groups small, concentrated, and social.
* Creating more prepared drivers - demonstrating what to expect from a performance driving event, as well as demonstrating what is needed and expected from a driver and their vehicle.
* Makes for a great car club or group activity!
So how does it work?
The premise of the program will be small, concentrated groups cycling between a Lead/Follow on-track program paired with classroom sessions on what to expect from performance driving events, as well as teaching basic technique and terms needed for success in performance driving.
Things covered in the On-Track curriculum:
* Basic car control
* Breaking down the corner - Turn In, Apex, Track Out
* Passing procedures and point-bys
* Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
* Having fun on track!
Things covered in the Classroom curriculum:
* Learning terms and procedures
* Vehicle tech requirements - What is needed from a vehicle?
* Personal protective equipment requirements - What equipment is required?
* Flags - Why are they there? What do they mean?
* Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
* Basic performance driving techniques
* How to get the most out of performance driving
* This is a bring your own car event(want to rent a track car for the event? Ask us how)
* Convertibles are welcome
* Passengers will not be allowed in Student vehicles
* Helmet rental will be available - however, please bring a helmet if you own one.
* 32 Student spots available
* Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate, sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks, mini-vans all welcome!
* Contact Zack.Rackovan@motorsportspark.org with any HPDI questions!
Check-in will begin at 7:15 am CST and will end at 7:55 am CST - we have a TON of stuff to cover throughout the day, so it is critical that we start on time. We will not be able to wait for folks if you are late, so please be punctual! Instructors should be on-site, and ready for the instructor meeting at 7:30 am CST. The day will end around 4:00 pm CST
We do not recommend sharing a vehicle for this program!
Instructors will need their own vehicles for the program
Check in for the event will begin at 8AM - Drivers Meeting at 8:30am
Register here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ncm-high-performance-drivers-introduction-motorsport-park-motorsports-090063
|Event is:||Every Fri, Sat|
269 New Porter Pike Rd ,Bowling Green, KY
5350 louisville rd lot 12 ,Bowling green, KY