|Title:||Touro Synagogue Fall Sunday Tours|
|Date:||10/18/2020 - 10/25/2020|
|Address:||52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets, Newport, RI 02840|
|Hours:||11:00 am to 2:00 pm|
|Contact Info:||More Info: tours@TouroSynagogue.org or (401) 847-4794 x 207|
|Details:||Visit the grounds of Touro Synagogue, a National Historic Site, and enjoy history presentations in the park. Learn why Touro Synagogue is considered to be one of the most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and why it stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans.|
Grounds are open to the public, 11:00am - 2:00pm, on Sun. Oct. 18 and Sun. Oct. 25, weather permitting.
(Sun. tours in November are TBD at this time)
ALSO: Colonial Jewish Walking Tours Offered (details below)
HISTORY PRESENTATION DETAILS:
- Seated history presentations will be given outdoors with size limitations of 15 people per group.
- Presentations are approximately 20 minutes long.
- Masks are mandatory and social distancing protocols are in place.
- Reservations are NOT necessary.
- There is NO FEE to enjoy the grounds and history presentations, but donations are most appreciated.
- Enter through the courtyard of the Loeb Visitors Center at
52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets.
COLONIAL JEWISH WALKING TOUR DETAILS:
- Offered on select days by reservation only.
- Walking tour is limited to 10 people per tour.
- Cost is $15 per person
- Walking Tours last approx. 45 minutes and are weather dependent.
- IMPT:For more information or to make a walking tour reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org
-There are no on-site public bathroom facilities available as the Synagogue and Loeb Visitors Center remain closed.
For a "Virtual Look" inside the buildings check out these links: jewishhistory.com/TOURO
email@example.com or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM:
(photo by Lew Keen, courtesy of Touro Synagogue Foundation)
|Audience:||12 and Up|
|Sponsored By:||Touro Synagogue Foundation|
|Submitted by:||Ann Arnold||