|Title:||Touro Synagogue Grounds & Visitors Center Open for award-winning History Tours|
|Date:||10/1/2021 - 10/18/2021|
|Address:||52 Spring Street, Newport, RI 02840|
|Hours:||See listing text for details|
|Cost/Cover:||$8 per person (children 12 and younger are free)|
|Contact Info:||firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.|
|Details:||Visit the grounds of Touro Synagogue, a National Historic Site, and enjoy history presentations in the park. Explore two floors of interactive exhibits at the Loeb Visitors Center. Learn why Touro Synagogue is one of the most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and why it stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans.|
During October, the grounds are open to the public, Sunday, Monday, Thursday & Friday (closed Tues., Wed. & Sat). LAST DAY of the season: Mon. Oct. 18.
Hours: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (last presentation at 1:30pm)
- Seated history presentations, approximately 20 minutes in length, will be given outdoors in the park, weather permitting.
- The presentation will be moved inside the Loeb Visitors Center in the event of rain.
- The fee to enjoy the grounds, history presentations and Loeb Visitor Center exhibits is $8 per person (children 12 and younger are free).
- Enter through the courtyard of the Loeb Visitors Center at 52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets.
- Current CDC COVID protocols will be followed.
- Reservations are not necessary. Tickets not available online.
- The Loeb Visitors Center has fully re-opened but the Synagogue has not.
- Visitors will be shown the interior of the Synagogue from the portico.
- The 2021 tour season will end on October 18 and will resume in mid-April.
- Please check our website and Facebook page for special events and new virtual tours.
Weather permitting, Colonial Jewish walking tours will be offered during September on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 11:15 am. The cost is $15 per person. The walking tour fee is reduced to $10 if you also purchase an $8 ticket for the Touro Synagogue history presentation and access to the grounds and Loeb Visitors Center. Please email email@example.com or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207 to reserve a space.
DID YOU KNOW?
-Touro Synagogue was awarded the "Travelers' Choice Award" for 2020 by TripAdvisor, a distinction only 10% of attractions worldwide receive, based on consistently outstanding visitor reviews.
- Touro Synagogue is ranked #4 of 84 "Things to Do" in Newport, R.I. by TripAdvisor. Check out our great visitor reviews here:
For a "Virtual Look" inside the buildings check out these links: jewishhistory.com/TOURO
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM:
|Sponsored By:||Touro Synagogue Foundation|
|Submitted by:||Ann Arnold||