|Title:||Touro Synagogue Grounds & Visitors Center Open for History Tours|
|Date:||7/1/2021 - 7/31/2021|
|Address:||52 Spring Street, Newport, RI 02840|
|Hours:||See listing text for details|
|Cost/Cover:||$8 per person (children 12 and younger are free)|
|Details:||Announcing Expanded Schedule for July.|
More opportunities to enjoy our Award-Winning History Tours!
Visit the grounds of Touro Synagogue, a National Historic Site, and enjoy history presentations in the park. Explore two floors of interactive exhibits at the Loeb Visitors Center. Learn why Touro Synagogue is considered to be one of the most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and why it stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans.
During July, grounds are open to the public, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (closed Wed. & Sat).
-July 1-2: hours are 10:00am - 2:00pm
(last presentation at 1:30 pm)
- Beginning July 4: hours are 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
(last presentation at 2:30pm)
- Seated history presentations, approximately 20 minutes in length, will be given outdoors in the park, weather permitting.
- The presentation will be moved inside the Loeb Visitors Center in the event of rain.
- The fee to enjoy the grounds, history presentations and Loeb Visitor Center exhibits is $8 per person (children 12 and younger are free).
- Enter through the courtyard of the Loeb Visitors Center at 52 Spring Street, between Touro & Barney Streets.
- Current CDC COVID protocols will be followed.
- Reservations are not necessary.
- The Loeb Visitors Center has fully re-opened but the Synagogue has not.
- Visitors will be shown the interior of the Synagogue from the portico.
- Updates in the days ahead may be found on the “Visit” page at tourosynagogue.org or on the Touro Synagogue Facebook page.
Weather permitting, Colonial Jewish walking tours will be offered on Sundays and Mondays at 11:15 am. The cost is $15 per person. The walking tour fee is reduced to $10 if you also purchase an $8 ticket for the Touro Synagogue history presentation and access to the grounds and Loeb Visitors Center. Please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
DID YOU KNOW?
-Touro Synagogue was awarded the "Travelers' Choice Award" for 2020 by TripAdvisor, a distinction only 10% of attractions worldwide receive, based on consistently outstanding visitor reviews.
- Touro Synagogue is ranked #4 of 84 "Things to Do" in Newport, R.I. by TripAdvisor. Check out our great visitor reviews here:
For a "Virtual Look" inside the buildings check out these links: jewishhistory.com/TOURO
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-4794, ext. 207.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM:
(Photo by Lew Keen)
|Event is:||Every Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun|
|Sponsored By:||Touro Synagogue Foundation|
|Submitted by:||Ann Arnold||