|Title:||GrowHouse presents: The DRIP Erotic Poetry Slam|
|Date:||7/10/2020 - 12/11/2020|
|Address:||DRIP YBOR, 1910 East 7th ave|
|Hours:||7 PM - 10 PM|
|Cost/Cover:||See details below.|
The DRIP Poetry Slam
Open Mic and Poetry Slam coming to you LIVE from the heart of Ybor City
.but it's VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!
THIS month GrowHouse is teaming up with the illustrious Smoken Words and bringing you our poetry slam with an erotic flare! Need something to do on your special day of love or want to bring your crush somewhere to get the hear started, THIS WILL BE THE PLACE TO DO IT!
• $5 To Watch !!
• Doors Open - 7PM
• Open Mic sign up starts at 7:30PM (5 slots)
• Slam sign up starts at 7:45PM (6 slots)
• Open mic starts at 8PM
• Slam starts at 8:30P
! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
WARNING: Seating is limited
@ DRIP 1910 E 7th Ave, 33605
Photo featured on flyer by Medina Karagic
WHAT IS A POETRY SLAM?
12 hungry spoken word poets putting their performance skills to the test!
• 3 rounds
• 3 minute time limit
• 5 random judges (Olympic scoring system)
• Final round is Head-to-Head!
• $15 entry fee
• WINNER TAKES ALL!!!
RULES FOR THIS SLAM ARE DIFFERENT!!!
- there will ONLY be 2 rounds and 6 Slammers total
- Final round will be head to head based on who scored the
highest in the first round
- Scoring and time rules will remain the same and can be
INTERESTED IN COMPETING?
Sign-ups are on a first come first serve basis starting
STRICTLY at 7:45p
RULES FOR SLAM:
- We will have a cap of 12 slammers
- Each poet will have a time limit of 3 min with a 10 sec grace period [0.5 points will be deducted from their score for every 10 seconds that competitors go over the time limit]
- No props allowed and all poems read must be original work
- 5 judges will be randomly selected from the audience and cannot know any of the competing poets. Judges must also be willing to stay for the entirety of the slam [about 2 hours]
- Judges score on a scale of 1.0 to 10.0 and should be encouraged to use one decimal point to help break ties.
- The highest score and the lowest score are dropped and the total score of the poet in the round will be the sum of the remaining scores (between 0-30)
- 3 rounds in total
- - - -Round 1 // All 12 slammers will go back to back in a random order preselected by a random draw that takes place during the open mic portion of the show. The top 6 scoring competitors move on to the 2nd round **in the event of a tie for 6th place, the tied poets would have all five of their scoreboards counted together, WITHOUT highest and lowest dropped, and the highest score will move on. In the event of a tie in that score, both poets will move on to the 2 round**
- - - - Round 2 //The order of this round will be from highest scoring poet to lowest scoring poet of the first round. Only 2 competitors advance to the final round. ••in the event of a tie, the tied poets will have both first and second-round scores summed together. The highest score will move on to the final round. In the event of a tie of that score, the tied poets will have all five scoreboards counted from both first and second-round scores summed together. The highest score will move on.**
- - - - Round 3 // The order of this round will be determined by a thunderous game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. The winner decides who performs first. Poets will NO LONGER BE SCORED. The 5 Judges will write the name of the poet they like best after seeing each perform. Winner takes all!
Follow us on IG for info on more QUALITY arts events:
or email us: