||The ideal professional for this position will join our team of civil engineers to deliver a wide range of projects for some of our area's top clients. This professional should possess 12-15 years of experience in civil engineering with strengths in urban roadway design, site engineering, drainage and storm water management, preparation of construction documents, and the ability to work within a team of engineers, including field staff.
Typical Duties Overview
• Prepare and oversee detailed civil engineering design that includes civil/site, roadway, drainage, stormwater management, utility design and coordination.
• Generate professional plans, specifications, technical calculations, exhibits, and reports.
• Perform material quantity take-offs and produce engineer's construction cost estimates.
• Coordination with several design disciplines as needed to complete project deliverables including in-house Architects, Environmental, Geotechnical, and Structural Professionals.
• Mentor junior staff and assist project managers with project staff resourcing.
• Attend and lead project team and client meetings.
• Support the development and management of project scopes, budgets and schedules.
• Conduct site observations, existing conditions backchecking, and written field reports.
Specific requirements include:
• Experience with roadway design, storm water management, utilities and utility coordination, development of construction documents, and construction support services.
• Ability to review and comment on traffic plans, pavement markings, signage, signals, and temporary traffic set-ups.
• Technical expertise for urban roadway design (Accessibility, Complete Streets, Healthy Transportation Policy, Traffic Calming Measures, Multi-Use Paths).
• Stormwater modeling experience (HydroCAD, StormCAD) with Green Infrastructure capabilities is a plus.
• Self-motivation with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with MBTA and MassDOT projects is a plus.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• BS in Civil Engineering
• 12+ years of progressive civil site, roadway, and stormwater experience