|Russell Springs, KY
|Click here to submit your resume ...
|The Materials Tester is responsible for the testing of concrete, soils and asphalt as determined by the construction contract specifications and the intended use of the materials. The Materials Tester is also responsible for providing technical advice and support to field personnel in the area of materials testing. The Materials Tester reports to the Material Testing Engineer.
• Perform tests on materials used in construction for the purpose of quality control, such as providing inspection and control of concrete batching plant operations involving air content, moisture content, yields, gradations, slumps and other tests to ensure the proper adjustment of the various classes of concrete prior to shipment to the construction site.
• Inspection of concrete batch plants, asphalt plants, aggregate quarries, and pre-cast concrete fabrication plants.
• Assist in coordinating the work of the Authority's testing facility and work performed by outside testing agencies under contract to the Authority.
• Train inspectors and other field personnel when material and site testing is appropriate.
• Instruct project personnel in the methods of field sampling in order to insure accuracy in the testing program.
• Maintain effective documentation of records and test results for distribution to project field engineering personnel.
• Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the Authority's Customer Service quality standard.
• Respond to emergencies twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
• Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining an effective relationship with employees.
• Drive a company or personal vehicle to visit work sites and/or attend off-site meetings.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• An Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management or related field from an accredited institution.
• Three (3) years of experience in materials testing and technical analysis as it pertains to construction or other related heavy construction experience.
• Effective organizational, analytical, quantitative, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
• Have a valid Concrete Technicians License by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) or ability to obtain within 6 months.
• Effective professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven track record of collaboration, transparency, and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and vendors.
• Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must have a satisfactory work record for the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting, including overall employment, job performance, discipline and safety records (infractions and/or offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration for selection).
• Able to work any and all shifts and/or locations as assigned or directed.
• Able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
• High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D) with the ability to comprehend, communicate and respond to instructions, orders, signs, notices, inquiries, etc. in English and five (5) years of experience in materials testing and technical analysis as it pertains to construction or other related heavy construction experience may be substituted for the Associate's Degree requirement.PREFERENCES:
• Experience in laboratory testing of soils and aggregates
|Click here to submit your resume ...